This mirror clip bounces the light from the TrueDepth camera 90 degrees to make it easier to scan world-facing objects.
This clip is built to work with Capture, available for free on the iOS App Store.
The clip also works with Standard Cyborg's iOS Scanning SDK. Full documentation
Note: full support for Capture and the iOS SDK coming this week. Currently models will be flipped left/right.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:StandardCyborg/mirror-clip.git open mirror-clip/clips/iphone-x.stl
Need a 3D viewer on your computer? Try Meshlab
The current clip supports the iPhone X. We will release clips for the iPhone Xs, iPhone Xr, iPhone Xs Max, and iPad Pro (2018) soon.
✅iPhone X 🔜iPhone Xr 🔜iPhone Xs 🔜iPhone Xs Max 🔜iPad Pro (2018)
- This design requires high dimensional accuracy.
- As a result: FDM is not recommended.
- We recommend multijet fusion, SLA, or SLS.
We built this clip to work with this mirror from Edmunds optics: 25.4 x 35.4mm, 4-6λ Mirror. The mirror is rated to a certain flatness and has a First Surface Mirror (FSM) on one side. A First Surface Mirror is desirable to prevent refraction through the 3mm glass. The mirror comes with a blue film on the FSM you will need to remove. FSMs can scratch, so treat it with respect!
- The slot is just thick enough to slide the mirror in and hold it without additional friction.
- If you want to further secure the mirror, you can superglue the back. We do suggest you think through transporting to keep the unit safe if you decide to do this.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Standard Cyborg: The complete developer platform for interacting with 3D data