Galactic Civilizations 3 - Star Control Mod
This is almost if not a total conversion mod of Stardock's Galactic Civilizations III based on Star Control game series.
Mod support structure can be viewed in this thread and also in the ModdingReadme.txt under <Window's user folder>/Documents/My Games/GalCiv3/Mods/
Mod's discussion thread - http://forums.galciv3.com/470323/page/1/
Block type error in the latest GalCiv 3 version. Why? Game's log doesn't say and Stardock are too busy launching Star Control Origins on 20th of September to help debugging.
All races added, but lacks aesthetic assets, balance between Ur-Quan races(Kzer-Za using carriers), balance within non-Ur-Quan races, Sa-Matra, textual information.
- All races with their own graphical assets. No unique ship styles though.
- Star systems for all race homeworlds.
- All Star Control planetary traits as listed Ultronomicon wikia - http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/List_of_planet_types
- Slave Shields, by having the three races have unique civilization capitals, see issue #4
- Arilou's starless Falayalaralfali and experimentation of moving the planet using wormholes, for more see issue #21
Current version: 0.0.9 Pre-Alpha
Clone or unarchive this repository under the following directory:
<Window's user folder>/Documents/My Games/GalCiv3/Mods/
Cloning: $ git clone https://github.com/StarControlGalCiv/GalCiv3StarControl.git StarControl
ModDB mod page
Does not exist yet, not enought to show.
Team behind remastered/HD version of Star Control 2
Team behind remixed version of the original soundtrack - Precursors
Developers at Stardock Entertainment for creating Galactic Civilizations 3
Star Control 2 scenario (not implemented)
Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah are at permanent war with each other, termed the second Doctrinal Conflict. While the last war was won by the Kzer-Za using the Sa-Matra battle platform, in this war the Kzer-Za avoid using it or even its Battle Thralls. Most likely outcome is victory by the Kohr-Ah, though neither outcome is desireable to other races.
Sa-Matra is owned by Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and is unable to move until Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah are defeated.
Both Ur-Quan subraces would not attend United Planet conventions.
- When Ur-Quan Kzer-Za are defeated or end the Doctrinal Conflict. Kohr-Ah declare permanent war with all non-Ur-Quan races.
- When Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah are defeated. Sa-Matra is free to move. Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and all remaining Battle Thralls declare war on independent races. Once all of them are defeated, Kzer-Za demands surrender of each Battle Thrall, refusal makes that Battle Thrall go to war with Ur-Quan and its remaining Battle Thralls.
- When foreign ships enter Kohr-Ah space, then Kohr-Ah will declare war on that faction and remain so until all foreign ships within its territory are destroyed.
- Utwig and Supox offer the player to launch an invasion on Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah.
- Chmmr(Pre-Chmmr) may research/acquire a tech with which to remove Ur-Quan slaveshield around their homeworld and another technology to remove slaveshields on other planets.
- Spathi may research/acquire a tech with which to create a Ur-Quan slaveshield around their homeworld.
Star Control 1/2 races listed at Ultronomicon(Star Control Wikia):
GitHub issue pages for races:
- Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah
- Ur-Quan Kzer-Za
Race List (Star Control 2):
(race) (swayed ideology)
Kzer-Za (more Malevolent than Pragmatic)
- Battle Thralls:
Druuge (more Malevolent than Pragmatic)
Utwig (more Benevolent than Pragmatic)
Ascend to Major status:
Syreen (Benevolent) (Gaia)
Chmmr (more Pragmatic than Benevolent)
Humans (more Pragmatic than Benevolent) (Earth & Unzervalt)
- Stalled population growth until event:
Shofixti (more Pragmatic than Benevolent)
- Independent, with hidden homeworld:
Arilou Lalee'lay (more Pragmatic than Benevolent)
- Independent, confined to homeworld without ability to create buildings:
- Pirates (default to GalCiv 3)
- Slylandro Drones
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License