Microsoft Research License Agreement for the Language-Integrated Quantum Operations (LIQUi|〉) Simulator
This Microsoft Research License Agreement (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and Microsoft Corporation. Please read it. It applies to the Microsoft Research software named above, which may include executable code. libraries, samples, documentation (together, the “Software”). For the purposes of this Agreement, the Software also includes any Microsoft (i) updates, (ii) supplements, (iii) internet-based services, and (iv) support services for the Software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those other terms apply.
By agreeing to this Agreement and/or by using the Software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the Software. If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
- SCOPE OF RIGHTS.
- License Grant. You may only use the Software for non-commercial purposes, subject to the restrictions in this Agreement. Examples of non-commercial uses are teaching, academic research, public demonstrations and personal experimentation.
- Publication. You may publish (or present papers or articles) on your results from using the Software, provided that you provide attribution as requested on Microsoft’s GitHub page for the Software, and no portion of the Software (other than extracts from samples or documentation that are reasonably needed to support your papers or articles) is included in any such publication or presentation.
- DISTRIBUTION RESTRICTIONS. You may not:
- Modify or distribute the Software or derivative works in any form;
- Alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the software;
- Use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way that suggests your derivative works or modifications come from or are endorsed by Microsoft; or
- Include the Software in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs.
- SCOPE OF LICENSE. The Software is licensed, not sold. This Agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. The patent rights, if any, granted to you in this Agreement only apply to the Software, not to any derivative works you make. In using the Software, you must comply with any technical limitations in the Software that may only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not:
- Work around any technical limitations in the Software;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- Use the Software to provide a commercial service or application programming interface;
- Publish the Software for others to copy;
- Make more copies of the Software than specified in this Agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- Rent, lease or lend the Software; or
- Transfer the Software or this Agreement to any third party.
- FEEDBACK. Any feedback about the Software provided by you to us is voluntarily given, and Microsoft shall be free to use the feedback as it sees fit without obligation or restriction of any kind, even if the feedback is designated by you as confidential.
- TERM; TERMINATION. The term of this Agreement will commence upon your acceptance of these license terms and will continue indefinitely unless terminated earlier as provided herein. If you breach this Agreement or if you sue Microsoft or any other party over patents that you think may apply to or read on the Software or anyone's use of the Software, this Agreement (and your license and rights obtained herein) terminate automatically. If this Agreement is terminated, you must cease using the Software and any derivative works or modifications of the Software. Any sections that are intended to survive termination of this Agreement shall survive.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The Software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the Software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement, any exhibits, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the Software and support services.
- SEVERABILITY. If any court of competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this Agreement is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington, without reference to its choice of law principles to the contrary. Each party hereby consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in King County, Washington, with regard to any suit or claim arising under or by reason of this Agreement.
- LEGAL EFFECT. This Agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the dataset. This Agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
- NO ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign this Agreement or any rights or obligations hereunder, except with Microsoft’s express written consent. Any attempted assignment in violation of this section will be void.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS-IS.” YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS OR STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.