Steeltoe Sample Applications
This repository contains a variety of sample applications illustrating how to use the Steeltoe frameworks:
- Configuration - ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET 4.x samples illustrating how to use the Spring Cloud Config Server and access CloudFoundry
VCAP_*environment variables as configuration data.
- Connectors - ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET 4.x samples illustrating how to use the Steeltoe Connectors for connecting to CloudFoundry services. Steeltoe Connectors simplify the coding process of binding to and accessing CloudFoundry based services.
- Discovery - ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET 4.x sample apps illustrating how to use the Steeltoe discovery packages for Service discovery in microservices-based application.
- CircuitBreaker - ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET 4.x sample apps illustrating how to use the Steeltoe Circuit Breaker packages for building scalable and resilient microservices-based application.
- Management - ASP.NET Core sample apps illustrating how to use the Steeltoe Management packages for adding Management REST endpoints to your application as well as adding Distributed Tracing support.
- Security - sample apps illustrating how to make use of the Steeltoe CloudFoundry External Security Providers for Authentication and Authorization against a CloudFoundry OAuth2 security service(e.g. UAA Server or Pivotal Single Signon). Also includes a sample illustrating how to make use of a Redis cache for DataProtection KeyRing storage and a sample for interacting with CredHub.
- MusicStore - a sample app illustrating how to use all of the Steeltoe components together in an ASP.NET Core application. This is a microservices-based application built from the ASP.NET Core reference app: MusicStore by Microsoft.
- FreddysBBQ - a polyglot (i.e. Java and .NET) microservices-based sample app illustrating interoperability between Java and .NET running on CloudFoundry, secured with OAuth2 Security Services and using Spring Cloud Services.
All new development is done on the dev branch. More stable versions of the samples can be found on the master branch.
If you are looking for documentation on how to use the Steeltoe components, you can find that here.
Building & Running
See the Readmes for each sample for instructions on how to build and run.