- Search results are now sorted by seeders
- When scraping is enabled, it auto updates the seed/leech counts on torrents
- Enable/disable option to turn this on and off
- Scrape delay setting to adjust the scrape speed
- BitCannon will now re auto import based on the frequency values
- Console shows timestamps next to each event
- Implemented infinite scroll - when you get to the bottom of search results, more load in
- API errors are now displayed as a banner across the top
You may upgrade to this release from v0.1.0 without clearing the database
There is also a zip of just the web app for those who wish to use an http server separate from the BitCannon built in one.
This release is available for download from Mega: https://mega.co.nz/#F!BdYx2SLJ!E_DToiu1Faj9-YPoQQBylQ
There were a lot of nice changes in this release:
- Added tracker scraping functions - click refresh on any torrent to get seed/leech counts
- Browse page load much faster
- You may select a specific category to search instead of searching everything
- Added support for importing from the isohunt openbay-db-dump
- Added support for importing from BitSnoop
- Downloads page UI overhaul - now displays much more information
- Categories are requested once instead of every time you go to the categories page
- Torrents store the imported date (to be sorted by in a later release)
- The download magnet links now have the config file's trackers attached for faster download
- Torrent search page shows a lot more information like normal torrent sites
I have also fixed a few bugs:
- Torents with empty categories now get put into other
- Angular api requests use a relative url now - you can host bitcannon in a subdirectory using apache reverse proxy
- Removed unnecessary meta fields from the database
Note: Due to the alpha state of this software, you must delete the database by emptying /data/db or your mongodb data directory, otherwise BitCannon may behave unexpectedly
You may download this release from Mega: https://mega.co.nz/#F!UBB2Uapa!XiYMqJGFElBlYbZREqqdvw
The community spoke, and I listened (mostly)
New in this release:
- No more unzipping: You may now import .txt.gz files from Demonoid and KAT directly - BitCannon will unzip them on the fly as it imports. Of course, importing the unzipped .txt files also works as it did before.
- Better console messages: More descriptive errors and status text in the console. The errors now apologize to you for appearing.
- Hands free importing: When you launch BitCannon, it now checks the
config.jsonfile for URLs, then it loads the specified archives straight into the database. KAT and Demonoid 24 hour archives are already configured for you - just start BitCannon!
- UX Improvements: BitCannon no longer disappears when it exits. The window stays open for you to see any errors it encountered.
- More robust importing: BitCannon now uses more thorough checks to ensure corrupted or incorrect file contents don't get accidentally imported to the database.
Download this release from Mega:
This release is the first version to embed the web app in the binary. This is done to solve problems with Chrome opening the files directly.
How to use:
- Download and unzip
- Make sure MongoDB is running
- Double click the binary for your system
- Open browser to http://127.0.0.1:1337/
This is the first basic version of bitcannon. It features:
- Category browsing
- Downloading via magnet link
Note: This release unfortunately doesn't work in chrome due to security settings.