Cox Media Group Digital is a Python shop, and we're building one of the largest Django platforms ever -- scaled to serve API, web, mobile, and more for 100+ prominent newspaper, TV and radio sites. You will manage a team of developers and be held accountable for their growth as technologists and employees.
We've got the mentality of an independent startup along with the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun getting that job done.
- An agile, fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
- A group committed to open source software and culture
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we've had seminars on subjects ranging from HTML5 video to wilderness medicine)
- A place where the day's challenges are both big and rewarding
- Someone committed to the craft of managing and leading people
- A great communicator, student and teacher
- Someone committed to continuously improving their work, their team and themselves
- Someone who's contributed to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.)
- A perfectionist who's comfortable with deadlines (see use of Django)
- Python experience (or Web development experience in another dynamic language)
- Someone for whom REST means more than a hammock
These words written by our team describe the company we strive to be every day.
- Work passionately and positively
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers' needs.
Send cover letters and résumés to chris (dot) heisel (at) coxinc (dot) com