Cox Media Group Digital is a Python shop, and we’re building one of the largest Django apps ever – scaled to serve web, mobile, and more for 100+ prominent newspaper, TV and radio sites. You will design, code, modify, review, test, debug, document, and implement mission critical applications and features.
We’ve got the mentality of an independent startup along with the backing of an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion. We are building a collaborative culture, and expect you to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the product development process from start to finish. We do what it takes to produce a superior product and we have a lot of fun getting that job done.
Here are some of the things we hope you're looking for:
- An agile, fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
- A group committed to open source software and culture
- A chance to work on 20% projects full time while in our Innovations Lab (lab coat included)
- A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we've had seminars on subjects ranging from HTML5 video to wilderness medicine)
Here are some of the things we're looking for:
- Python experience (or Web development experience in another dynamic language)
- Django expertise is a huge plus
- A perfectionist who's comfortable with deadlines (see use of Django)
- Someone for whom REST means more than a hammock
- Someone who learns new programming languages (or text editors) for fun
- A good communicator, student and teacher
- Someone who's contributed to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.)
Send résumés to chris (dot) heisel (at) cmgdigital (dot) com -and- fork https://github.com/coxmediagroup/Tic-Tac-Toe to take our code challenge.
- Work passionately and positively
- Find a way to say yes.
- Be a utility player.
- Take ownership.
- Seek ideas from all directions.
- Keep it simple to keep it fast.
- Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
- Favor measurements over guesses.
- Move forward.
- Serve our customers' needs.