Candy Kid Demo for the Sega Master System 2017 Competition
Monday, 27th March 2017
Candy Kid Demo is based on the retro arcade simple maze chase video game Candy Kid.
The goal was simply to port a basic demo to run on real Sega Master System hardware.
Move joystick Up / Down / Left / Right to alternate Kid / Adi / Suz / Pro sprites.
Press button 1 to start demo and press button 2 to play random sound effects.
Note: press Pause button the real hardware should pause / resume the demo.
- Programming: devkitSMS
- Languages: C / Z80
- Visual Studio 2008
- Graphics: BMP2Tile
- Music: Mod2PSG2
- Assembler: WLA-DX
- Disassembler: SMS Examine
- Emulators: Fusion / Meka / Emulicious
You can hack this ROM!
Download and dump CandyKidDemo.sms into Hex Editor, e.g. HxD, and modify bytes:
- 0x0050 Steps to move Kid: 1, 2, 4, 8 pixels.
- 0x0051 Delay for enemy ghosts arm moves.
- 0x0052 Hands for enemy ghosts to toggle.
- 0x0053 Music 0=music play otherwise off.
- 0x0054 Sound 0=sound on otherwise off.
- 0x0055 Paths to test individually 1 thru 8.
Extra special thanks to: sverx for devkitSMS https://github.com/sverx/devkitSMS
Special thanks to: Maxim, Martin, Ville Helin, Steve Snake, Bock + Emulicious devs
Also, I "borrowed" sound effects from Baluba Balok http://bit.ly/2nnSQJG Thanks!
- You Tube https://youtu.be/HbtZgRN_j0Y
StevePro Studios is an independent game developer that builds and publishes 80s retro arcade video games!
Founded by Steven Boland "SteveProXNA" (Jan-2007) a "one man team of one" currently based in Dublin, Ireland.
Previous Sega-based retro games published include "Candy Kid" available here:
- iOS http://apple.co/1QcidUk
- Android http://goo.gl/5rWsYO
- Kindle http://amzn.to/1IQPBA4
- PC http://amzn.to/1QiHM9d