DAVE stands for Data Analysis of Variable Events, which is a GUI built on top of the Stingray library. It is intended to be used by astronomers for time-series analysis in general, and analysis of variable sources in particular.
The goal is to enable scientific exploration of astronomical X-Ray observations and to analyse this data in a graphical environment.
- Clone the project
$ git clone https://github.com/StingraySoftware/dave
- Install a Python virtual env and a compatible version of node:
$ source setup/setup.bash
- Run the application for development:
- Or run the build script for Linux_X64
$ setup/build_linux-x64.bashfor getting the distributable at DAVE build folder.
You will see that there's plenty left to do!
NOTE: Mac OSX dependencies
- At least Homebrew installed (http://brew.sh/) or MacPorts installed (https://www.macports.org)
- If MacPorts will be used, you have two available options:
- 1 - Install LibMagic by yourself running this MacPorts command
sudo /opt/local/bin/port install fileon the terminal and then launch DAVE running
- 2 - Launch DAVE as root running this command on the terminal:
Please talk to us! We use Slack to discuss the work. Use http://slack-invite.timelabtechnologies.com to self-invite yourself on the slack. Also, feel free to contact us at email@example.com .
Fork and pull request away!