Now that Google Reader is over, why not use an open source Feed Reader ! Freader provides you with a simple page with all your feeds and the last item in them. You cannot read articles inside the application for now but it's on the TODO list !
You can see it in action in a little Heroku app here! Account creation takes about 10 seconds. Try it!
- All your feeds in a clear (and flat) UI
- All written with Node.js and Angular.js
- User management (creation, removing)
- Feed caching (one hour by default)
- Clone this repo
- Install dependencies with 'npm install'
- Start your MongoDB server with
mongod(modify the address if you need to in the config file)
- Start the server with
- You can now create a user and start adding feeds by connecting to localhost:3000 (you can change the port inside the config file)
- Add organization on feeds with tabs / categories
- Get back the favicon from the feed
- Clean and remove CSS in Bootstrap / Flat UI to keep only what's used
- Show the article directly in the application
- Improve the design and UX in general
- Implement 'Forgot Password?' feature
- Keep track of the current state of articles : to reed / reeded
- Add a view with every articles of every feeds
About the creator
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.