EOS Smart Contract for creating a blockchain based inventory.
Basic Idea and Use Case
Let's say you have a video game that wants to use EOS for managing a user's inventory. Here's a general way of how this could potentially be used.
- Issue an Item to an Account
- User Consumes Item In-Game
- Blockchain Moves Item to Queue
- Server checks the queue for new consumption transactions
- If there is a new consumption item in the queue have your server send a transaction out.
- Remove the item from the queue
- Issue the item in-game / use it / etc.
Using the Contract
(Anything in 'camelCasing' is a variable)
ie. accountName = YOUR ACCOUNT NAME
Get the accounts table to see all items:
cleos get table accountName accountName accounts
Get the queue table to see all queue'd items.
cleos get table accountName accountName queue
Setup and issue an acccount an item:
cleos push action accountName issueitem '["accountName", 12345, "Fish", "Food", "Issued Item"]' -p accountName
cleos push action accountName useitem '["targetAccount", 12345, "Used Item"]' -p targetAccount
Pop from Queue:
cleos push action accountName popqueue '["targetAccount", 12345, "Removed from Queue"]' -p accountName
cleos push action accountName clear '["accounts", "Cleared the table."]' -p accountName