This repository contains examples and how-tos for the uplift project.
The uplift project offers consistent Packer/Vagrant workflows and Vagrant boxes specifically designed for SharePoint professionals. It heavy lifts low-level details of the creation of domain controllers, SQL servers, SharePoint farms and Visual Studio installs by providing a codified workflow using Packer/Vagrant tooling.
How this works
The uplift project is split into several repositories to address particular a piece of functionality:
- uplift-powershell - reusable PowerShell modules
- uplift-packer - Packer templates for SharePoint professionals
- uplift-vagrant - Vagrant plugin to simplify Windows infrastructure provisioning
- uplift-cicd-jenkins2 - Jenkins server and pipelines to build uplift Packer images and Vagrant boxes
- uplift-uplift-contrib - examples and how-tos for the uplift project
The current repository houses examples and how-tos for the uplift project.
All examples are organised into subfolders to address a particular area of the uplift project: downloading binaries, using PowerShell modules, building Packer images, customising Packer images and Vagrant boxes, and so on. Refer to a particular subfolder and README file for more information.
Feature requests, support and contributions
All contributions are welcome. If you have an idea, create a new GitHub issue. Feel free to edit existing content and make a PR for this as well.