Sublime Text - Core - Bug and Issue Tracker
The issue list
Head straight to https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues for a list of all issues or click
Issues in the navigation bar on the right.
Before creating a new issue
This tracker is for issues with the Sublime Text Core only.
For language-specific issues with the "Default Packages" (such as syntax highlighting), refer to the Default Packages repository.
For issues related to other packages, head over to the respective repository or contact its author. Start with a clean profile if you need to verify.
Filing a bug
- Start with a descriptive but concise subject that quickly and uniquely identifies the problem.
- Write a summary of the problem in a few lines, giving an idea of what the issue is about.
Then, describe the bug with all the information you can give. Be sure to include the following information:
- Operating System
- The version of Sublime Text that you're using
- Any related software which may cause ST to act strangely
Also keep in mind to clearly separate fact from speculation.
- Try to find a way to reproduce the problem and write down precise steps. It might be useful to include a code example for this. if a specific code produces the bug, try to share the code
- Workarounds or other related tips on how to avoid the issue are welcome.
We won't slaughter you if you can't fulfill all of these steps but prepare to answer a few question if we think we're lacking information.
If you want to be really good at reporting bugs you can also read these guidelines for bugzilla bugs.
Filing an enhancement or a feature request
- Start with a descriptive but concise subject that quickly and uniquely identifies the issue.
- Explain briefly what the enhancement is and why you think it would be useful.
- Provide any other necessary or useful information regarding your issue, such as (code) examples or related links.
Note: "enhancements" are modifications to existing behaviour as opposed to something entirely new.
This is a bug tracker run by the community. For the initial idea, read this forum thread: http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12095.
If you would like to help maintain this issue list, head over to this issue.