This is the README file for an unofficial, experimental version of FElt - a package for introductory level finite element analysis.
For the official FElt, please visit the original homepage at http://felt.sourceforge.net. Attention: do NOT bother the original authors of FElt if you find a bug with the version hosted here.
I created this git repository from the original CVS tree at sourceforge, in order to hack more easily on the code. No major new functionality is planned at the moment, at least before the following targets are completed:
- clean build with latest gcc compiler on latest linux system.
- removal of obsolete, pre-ANSI code and general code cleanup & simplification
- better extensibility & customization through the use of lua.
- investigate use of external libraries (eg. gsl) for matrix operations
- better build system, based on CMake
- better translations, based on gettext
- rewrite graphical subprograms using a modern toolkit (eg. gtk+ / Qt)
I also plan to sync with upstream, whenever a new version of FElt is released.
Git GCC 7.3.0 Flex Bison Boost 1.40.0 CMake Make
To install all the pre-requisites, run the following command :
sudo apt-get install build-essential make gcc flex cmake bison boost git-core
To clone this repository run :
git clone https://github.com/Sudhanshu-Dubey14/felt.git
Then run these commands one by one :
This will install FElt in your system.