Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Table of contents
1. When will the token sale start?
The token sale is live now! See instructions at https://suncontract.org
2. How to participate in the token sale?
Follow instructions on SunContract web page - https://suncontract.org/#tokensale.
3. How to participate in the token sale?
Send ETH from any supported wallet. We recommend MyEtherWallet.
- ICO address for ETH contributions: 0x5fb3D432bae33FCd418edE263D98D7440E7fA3ea
- SNC Token address: 0xF4134146AF2d511Dd5EA8cDB1C4AC88C57D60404
- Recommended GAS limit: 200,000
- Data field: Optional
4. How many tokens will be issued?
The basis for token supply is set at the ratio of 10.000 to 11.600 SNC per 1 ETH, depending on the participation dates, which are as follows:
- First week (from June 28th to July 4th) 1 ETH will be worth 11.500 SNC;
- First week with presale bonus (from June 28th to July 4th) 1 ETH will be worth 11.600 SNC
- Second week (from July 5th to July 11th) 1 ETH will be worth 11.000 SNC;
- Third week (from July 12th to July 18th) 1 ETH will be worth 10.500 SNC;
- Fourth week (from July 19th to July 25th) 1 ETH will be worth 10.000 SNC;
5. Which cryptocurrencies do you accept?
We accept Ether via a smart contract. The address of the smart contract is 0x5fb3D432bae33FCd418edE263D98D7440E7fA3ea. Make sure to double check that the address matches the one on the website.
6. Can I make multiple deposits?
Yes, because each deposit is tracked separately.
7. When will I get my SNC tokens?
SNC tokens are issued to your address automatically after your contribution.
8. Which wallet can I use to invest?
Any wallet that supports ERC20 tokens. We recommend MyEtherWallet. Instructions for MyEtherWallet.
About the project
1. What is SunContract?
SunContract is an energy trading platform that utilizes blockchain technology to create a new business model for buying and selling electricity.
2. What is the SunContract Energy Pool?
This is a first step towards P2P energy exchange. SunContract Energy Pool connects renewable solar power producers and consumers.
3. Why should I join SunContract energy pool?
With joining SunContract you personally contribute to a cleaner planet by using renewables. There is also a financial benefit for consumers and producers due to optimisation enabled by blockchain.
3. Where from do we get transmission lines to send and to receive electricity?
We will use existing transmission and distribution grid infrastructure.
4. So how are the energy markets going to be tied together? I don't see how energy captured in Europe will have any effect on a grid located in the US.
Transmission grids within Europe are interconnected, but Europe and US grids are not. SunContract project is not meant to solve market coupling issues.
5. Will this project only support renewable energy?
SunContract would like to take the full potential of renewables but is not limited only to them.
6. Is there a market for SunContract?
Yes! Electricity is a resource that is used every single day in the entire planet. Given the prices that are now on the market, we will offer a cheaper alternative to everybody. That is why we consider the whole world as our potential market.
7. How can I become an active user of SunContract Energy Pool?
You can become a member of SunContract Energy Pool in two ways:
- First option is through the token sale where you obtain SNC’s (SunContract tokens), that represent electricity as a digital commodity.
- Second option is by registering through our mobile APP and thus becoming an active user (consumer or producer).
8. Which countries does your solution support?
We'd like to first focus on countries, where we are most knowledgeable of energy policy framework. This certainly are some EU jurisdictions and Dubai in UAE. China is our priority as well right after that. We found a solution to provide SunContract service within existing regulatory framework in several EU countries, for instance in Slovenia, Austria, Germany and also in some Middle Eastern countries like UAE (Dubai), Jordan and Turkey. In some parts it is not possible yet like Saudi Arabia, UAE (other emirates than Dubai). We believe we cover enough jurisdiction for project implementation.