Python data visualization library for the Super Dual Auroral Radar Network (SuperDARN).
Version 2.2.1 - Release!
New Requirement: pyDARN 2.2.1 requires minimum matplotlib version of 3.3.4
pyDARN release v2.2.1 includes the following features:
- Bug fix: fixed but in Summary plot not rendering
- Bug fix: fixed axes object not being properly handled in plot_fan
- Enhancement: Added
__version__ability in pydarn
- Updated: citing warning printing on
importinstead of plotting
- Updated: pyDARNio 1.1.0 is requirement
slant option in
plot_summary is deprecated now uses
pyDARN's documentation can be found here
pip install pydarn
Or read the installation guide.
As a quick tutorial on using pydarn to read a non-compressed file:
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt import pydarn # read a non-compressed file fitacf_file = '20190831.C0.cly.fitacf' # pyDARN functions to read a fitacf file fitacf_data = pydarn.SuperDARNRead(fitacf_file).read_fitacf() pydarn.RTP.plot_summary(fitacf_data, beam_num=2) plt.show()
For more information and tutorials on pyDARN please see the tutorial section
pyDARN is always looking for testers and developers keen on learning python, github, and/or SuperDARN data visualizations! Here are some ways to get started:
- Testing Pull Request: to determine which pull requests need to be tested right away, filter them by their milestones (v3.0 is currently highest priority).
- Getting involved in projects: if you are looking to help in a specific area, look at pyDARN's projects tab. The project you are interested in will give you information on what is needed to reach completion. This includes things currently in progress, and those awaiting reviews.
- Answer questions: if you want to try your hand at answering some pyDARN questions, or adding to the discussion, look at pyDARN's issues and filter by labels.
- Become a developer: if you want to practice those coding skills and add to the library, look at pyDARN issues and filter by milestone's to see what needs to get done right away.
Please read pyDARN team on how to join the pyDARN team.