Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
elastix was initially developed by Stefan Klein and Marius Staring, under contract to the Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands. Their PhD projects were supervised by Josien Pluim, who received funding from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). Marius and Stefan are still the lead developers today.
Many other people have contributed to
- Check the GitHub list of code contributors.
- Check the component developers from this page of citations.
- Several people contributed by creating binaries for our releases, e.g. Hoen-oh Shin, Marius de Groot and Steve M. Robbins.
- Several people helped drafting the manual by proofreading: Josien Pluim, Keelin Murphy, Martijn van der Bom, Sascha Muenzing, Jeroen de Bresser, Bram van Ginneken, Kajo van der Marel, and Adrienne Mendrik.
Gerard van Hoorn, the systems administrator at the Image Sciences Institute, who helped in setting up the initial CVS, the
elastixwebsite, and so much more.
- Coert Metz added support for 4D image registration. He also set up the previous wiki and the previous SVN source code repository.
Kasper Marstal for creating SimpleElastix, which makes
elastixnatively available in many scripting languages.
Keelin Murphy, Max Viergever and Josien Pluim, our beloved co-authors on the
- Many other people from the Image Sciences Institute, Biomedical Imaging Group Rotterdam, and Leiden University Medical Center, Division of Image Processing, who use the software, report bugs, etc.
- The numerous people on the mailing list who stress-tested the software and reported issues, quirks, and improvements!