#SoundBar - Customizable Version A sound app for the new Macbook Pro's Touch Bar. Branches of the git project have different sounds, and the master branch is planned to be a modular version for easy editing.
This branch does not have any sounds in it. It is for making your own soundboard. You must choose a branch or grab a precompiled binary to have sounds. The project Wiki has information on how to use this project to make your own soundboard.
Pre-Release 0.2 Screenshot
Precompiled binaries can be found under the default GitHub location. You can either run them on a real 2016 rMBP, or using the simulated XCode Touch Bar.
I don't update the binaries as often as I should, so you may be better off compiling your own if you want the newest build.
- Play entertaining sounds right from your Touch Bar
- Emoji and other clever sound names
- Easy-english documentation for editibility
- More sounds, of course.
- Find a way to use .png files on the buttons instead of just Unicode characters.
- Add the sound effect buttons to the main macOS window.
- Add more documentation.
- To make people who want to make their own SoundBar have an easier time, I strive to provide good documentation. However, this documentation will likely only be on the modular source code of the Master branch, not the others.
- Original credit for this project goes to Hung Truong's original Git.
- Since the new Macbook isn't available yet, you can test out my first Touch Bar app with Xcode 8.1 and macOS Sierra 10.2.1.
- Branches have different sounds. You need to either compile a branch, or just download a precompiled release if you want more than silence.
Feel free to copy this code and use it to make your own SoundBar app. I believe that free and open software makes the world a better place, and although this project probably won't have a huge impact, I try to apply this philosophy to all of my work. As such, use my code how you want, and attribute me if you want.