The SuperTux team is excited to announce the availability of the stable release 0.5.0 after less than a year of development. The most prominent change for this release is a new in-game level editor which allows you to create levels and worldmaps on-the-fly from within SuperTux itself. We would like to apologize for publishing the 0.4.0 release with a large number of issues.
In order to improve the Forest Island in the future, please help by filling out the poll at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8_nxdagVCHV2s7SX517aDTkEQLVXCA6KaufbPHBxyFtuH_Q/viewform.
If you'd like to help with SuperTux development, you can find more resources in our wiki at https://github.com/SuperTux/supertux/wiki. Please get in touch with us. The fastest way is usually IRC, but please wait if you don't get an answer immediately. We urgently need more graphic designers and developers for future releases, help in these areas would be really appreciated.
Binary builds for Windows, and macOS, as well as source tarballs are available below. Linux binaries are available via OBS.
- In-game level editor
- Improved levels in Antarctica and Forest Island
- Language packs are fixed
- Engine performance improvements
- Extended the scripting API: gradients are now scriptable
- Added a few more tiles and music
- New console commands and command line options (related to the editor)
- Various other bugfixes of issues reported since the v0.4.0 release
- And more (minor) improvements and changes
A big thanks to Hume2 and Tobbi, who worked very hard on the new in-game level editor, and also all of our translators who worked very hard to translate the new strings in time.