Resources and Development
Supervisor has a mailing list for users. You may subscribe to the Supervisor-users mailing list.
Supervisor has a mailing list for checkins too. You may subscribe to the Supervisor-checkins mailing list.
Supervisor has a bugtracker where you may report any bugs or other errors you find. Please report bugs to the GitHub issues page.
Version Control Repository
You can also view the Supervisor version control repository.
Supervisor development is discussed on the mailing list. We'll review contributions from the community in both pull requests on GitHub (preferred) and patches sent to the list.
The following people are responsible for creating Supervisor.
- Chris McDonough is the original author of Supervisor.
Contributors are tracked on the GitHub contributions page. The two lists below are included for historical reasons.
This first list recognizes significant contributions that were made before the repository moved to GitHub.
- Anders Quist: Anders contributed the patch that was the basis for Supervisor’s ability to reload parts of its configuration without restarting.
- Derek DeVries: Derek did the web design of Supervisor’s internal web interface and website logos.
- Guido van Rossum: Guido authored
zdctl, the programs from Zope that were the original basis for Supervisor. He also created Python, the programming language that Supervisor is written in.
- Jason Kirtland: Jason fixed Supervisor to run on Python 2.6 by contributing a patched version of Medusa (a Supervisor dependency) that we now bundle.
- Roger Hoover: Roger added support for spawning FastCGI programs. He has also been one of the most active mailing list users, providing his testing and feedback.
- Siddhant Goel: Siddhant worked on :program:`supervisorctl` as our
Google Summer of Code student for 2008. He implemented the
fgcommand and also added tab completion.
This second list records contributors who signed a legal agreement. The legal agreement was introduced in January 2014 but later withdrawn in March 2014. This list is being preserved in case it is useful later (e.g. if at some point there was a desire to donate the project to a foundation that required such agreements).
- Chris McDonough, 2006-06-26
- Siddhant Goel, 2008-06-15
- Chris Rossi, 2010-02-02
- Roger Hoover, 2010-08-17
- Benoit Sigoure, 2011-06-21
- John Szakmeister, 2011-09-06
- Gunnlaugur Þór Briem, 2011-11-26
- Jens Rantil, 2011-11-27
- Michael Blume, 2012-01-09
- Philip Zeyliger, 2012-02-21
- Marcelo Vanzin, 2012-05-03
- Martijn Pieters, 2012-06-04
- Marcin Kuźmiński, 2012-06-21
- Jean Jordaan, 2012-06-28
- Perttu Ranta-aho, 2012-09-27
- Chris Streeter, 2013-03-23
- Caio Ariede, 2013-03-25
- David Birdsong, 2013-04-11
- Lukas Rist, 2013-04-18
- Honza Pokorny, 2013-07-23
- Thúlio Costa, 2013-10-31
- Gary M. Josack, 2013-11-12
- Márk Sági-Kazár, 2013-12-16