Moodle Accessibility File Scan Block
Moodle block to check PDFs for accessibility.
This Moodle block consists of two main functions:
- A scheduled task that looks for PDFs within courses, sends them to an external server to check for accessibilty, and saves the results to the Moodle database
- A Moodle block that displays the accessibility status of the PDF files within the course. On the Moodle course page, the block displays a summary with a link to a detailed view with all the files in the course.
- Moodle 3.1+
- A server to process files: https://github.com/Swarthmore/filescan-server. This software can be installed on the Moodle server.
- Clone or download this repository into the
- Rename the directory from
- Log into Moodle as an admin and update Moodle to add the block
This plugin configuration requires a URL for the File Scan Server.
By default, the scheduled task is set to scan an additional set of files every 5 minutes. This can be adjusted in the Server --> Scheduled Tasks screen.
There are configurations for help links for each type of accessibility problems. These links can be set to specific URL's for remiation of the file.