A re-implementation of Amiga FPS Gloom.
Drop everything in the bin folder in the root of Gloom (ie, above the misc/, pics/ etc dirs). The game will auto-detect Zombie Massacre depending on the presence of the "stuf/stages" file. Will need the VS2013 runtime.
- Install libSDL2, libSDL2_mixer and libXMP.
- Compile with
Cursors, left alt to strafe, left ctrl to fire. F1 skips level. F12 toggles fullscreen. PrintScreen dumps a bitmap.
- Backend of the renderer is mostly mine, and is flaky. There's Z-fighting that doesn't exist in the original, for instance
- Sound is deafening on occasion, need variable volume playback and priority system
- Player rotation acceleration
- Incomplete HUD and infinite lives currently
- Very basic in-game menu. Much more stuff needs to be configurable
- No defender sub-game
- LibXMP's MED playback isn't great on some tunes
- Most power-ups don't do anything yet
Dunno. The Gloom source release says only the .s and .bb2 files are open source, but the Gloom executable bakes in some maths lookup tables (but then, they are generated by the .bb2 files), bullet and sparks graphics, and the title screen for Classic Gloom. I probably won't add the latter and just display the Black Magic image, or something.
Uses LibXMP for MED playback http://xmp.sourceforge.net/
Uses SDL2 and SDL2 mixer https://www.libsdl.org/
DeCrunchmania C code by Robert Leffman, licence unknown http://aminet.net/package/util/pack/decrunchmania_os4