Copyright (c) 2017, T Gene Davis All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied, of T Gene Davis.
A Clojure library for alpha-beta pruning. This library should transfer over to ClojureScript smoothly. The alpha_beta.cljc should work in both Clojure and ClojureScript.
Also, I've added some tests to ensure the algorithm is implmented correctly.
The Clojure Alpha Beta Pruning library is written to handle any generic Alpha Beta problem. Here are the usage steps.
- You need to create three lambdas to initialize the Clojure Alpha Beta with. You need a next-nodes-finder function, a nodes-scorer functions and a terminal-node-checker function. Write them to handle whatever your types of nodes look like.
- Call the init function with the three lambdas.
- Call the initial-call with your origin-node, depth of search, and whether to start with alpha or beta.
That's all. This is an extremely easy-to-use Clojure/ClojureScript Alpha-Beta Pruning library.