sugar. init_sugar (window_name, w, h, scale)
- Initializes Sugarcoat for use.
hare the width and height you want for your simulated screen resolution.
scaleis the scale factor you want for stretching your simulated resolution. You can change the behavior around scaling with the various
sugar. sugar_step ()
- Updates the sugar subsystems that need updating.
- This function will already be called automatically if you use
love.update()- otherwise you will have to call it in your code once every frame.
sugar. shutdown_sugar ()
- Shuts down the various sugarcoat subsystems.
- This function is automatically called on closing the application, unless you are using your own
- Since Love2D has a garbage collector (contrarily to C++ SUGAR), this function doesn't actually need to be called at any time.
sugar. sys_battery ()
- Get the state of the system's battery.
- Returns, in this order:
- Percents of battery left
- Whether the system is on battery (true) or if it is plugged in (false)
- Battery life remaining (in seconds)
- A table that contains the content of all the subpackages in sugarcoat.
- You may call any sugarcoat function through
The listed features in the following subpackage are not comprehensive, they're only big points.
- The debug subpackage of sugar.
- Features logs and reading + writing to clipboard.
- The graphics subpackage of sugar.
- Features a framework for low-resolution graphics, a palette system, a surface and spritesheet system, text drawing, and primitive drawing.
- The input subpackage of sugar.
- Features a simple system where you assign inputs to buttons and then check for those button's state.
- Has controller support.
- The maths subpackage of sugar.
- Features turn-based angles and determinative random number generation.
- The time subpackage of sugar.
- Features frames-per-second locking.
- The audio subpackage of sugar.
- Features a collection system where you load sfx and musics, then play them through their index in the collection.
- The utility subpackage of sugar.
- This subpackage is unique to sugarcoat, it doesn't exist in the original Sugar.
- Features functions to work with Lua tables.