Tauon Music Box
A music player for the desktop. Designed to be powerful and streamlined, putting the user in control of their music collection.
- Fast, comfortable and responsive UI.
- Import tracks and create playlists by simple drag and drop.
- Supports most common codecs and tracker file types.
- Seamless support for CUE sheets.
- Stream music from your PLEX, koel, Jellyfin or Airsonic server.
- Large album art and gallery displays!
- Support for gapless playback.
- Batch transcode folders of music.
- Last.fm scrobbling with track love support
See which of your tracks your friends loved too!
- Download cover art function.
- Lyrics display with support for displaying guitar chord lyrics and synced
- Edit tags with MusicBrainz Picard (when also installed).
- Keep track of play counts. Visualise these so you always know which tracks were your favorite.
- Shortcuts for searching artists on Rate Your Music and tracks on Genius.
- Linux desktop integration with MPRIS2.
- Built-in topchart generator.
- Extract archives and import your music downloads in one click!
- Remote control apps for Android available.
Download and Install
Download latest installer here.
Installation is available as a Flatpak.
Flatpak uses sandboxing, see here for notes.
You can also install from the AUR on Arch Linux based distros.
- NixPkgs: tauon
I highly recommend reading the Tauon Music Box manual.
Feel free to submit any issues you encounter.