Tauon Music Box
A music player for the Linux desktop. Designed to be simple and streamlined, putting the user in control of their music collection. Uses GStreamer or optionally BASS Audio Library for playback.
- Fast, comfortable and responsive UI.
- Import tracks and create playlists by simple drag and drop.
- Large album art and gallery displays!
- Support for gapless playback.
- Seamless support for CUE sheets.
- Batch transcode folders of music.
- Last.fm scrobbling with track love support
See which of your tracks your friends loved too!
- Download cover art function.
- Lyrics display with support for displaying guitar chord lyrics and synced
- Edit tags with MusicBrainz Picard (when also installed).
- Keep track of play counts. Visualise these so you always know which tracks were your favorite.
- Shortcuts for searching artists on Rate Your Music and tracks on Genius.
- Linux desktop integration with MPRIS2.
- Built-in topchart generator.
- Background radio broadcasting.
📻 📡(Bass only)
- Stream music from your PLEX, koel or Subsonic API compatible server.
- Extract archives and import your music downloads in one click!
File type compatibility
- FLAC, APE, TTA, WV, MP3, M4A(aac, alac), OGG, OPUS
- XSPF, CUE (automatic detection)
Download and Install
Installation is available as a Flatpak.
For manual and further documentation see the wiki.
Feel free to submit any issues or suggestions. I'd love to hear your feedback.