Tauon Music Box
A desktop music player for playback of local audio files. Designed to be simple and streamlined while putting the user in control of their music collection. Uses the proprietary BASS audio library for playback.
- Import tracks and create playlist's by simple drag and drop. Ready to go out the box, no need for complicated setup.
- Batch transcode folders to a single output folder for easy and compact copying to a portable device.
- Last.fm scrobbling with track love support.
- Lyrics display with support for fetching lyrics from LyricWiki.
- See your album art how it was meant to with a large album art display.
- Outbound radio broadcasting. Streams a playlist in the background without affecting local playback.
- Edit tags with MusicBrainz Picard (when also installed).
- Keep track of play counts. Visualise these as stars so you always know tracks were your favorite.
- Shortcuts for searching artists on Rate Your Music and tracks on Genius.
- Auto extract archives on import.
||See your loved tracks, and your friends loves too!
|Your music in your control, with built in folder renaming and deleting.
||Navigate between your organised collections at lighting speed. ?
||Jump in and out of the integrated album gallery.|
File type compatibility
- APE, TTA, WV
- MP3, M4A
- OGG, OPUS
- WMA, CD, MOD, AIFF
- CUE (automatic detection)
- M3U, PLS
Download and Install
For Arch Linux, install is avaliable from the AUR.
For Other Linux distributions, a standalone Flatpak package is available.
If you have not already, make sure you have correctly installed and configured Flatpak for your distro. See https://flatpak.org/setup/. Specificaly you will need to have the flathub repo added:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
After downloading tauon.flatpak from lastest release.
sudo flatpak install tauon.flatpak
To uninstall run:
sudo flatpak uninstall com.github.taiko2k.tauonmb
Note: This standalone Flatpak package won't auto update. You'll need to check back here for updates.
For further documentation see the wiki.
Feel free to submit any issues or suggestions. I'd love to hear your feedback.