Tauon Music Box
A desktop music player for playback of local audio files. Designed to be simple and streamlined while putting the user in control of their music collection. Uses BASS Audio Library (proprietary) for playback.
- Import tracks and create playlists by simple drag and drop.
- Large album art and gallery displays!
- Support for gapless playback.
- Batch transcode folders of music for easy copying to a PMP.
- Last.fm scrobbling with track love support
❤️. See which of your tracks your friends loved too! 💜
- Fast and responsive UI.
- Download cover art function.
- Lyrics display with support for displaying guitar chord lyrics and synced
- Edit tags with MusicBrainz Picard (when also installed).
- Keep track of play counts. Visualise these so you always know which tracks were your favorite.
- Shortcuts for searching artists on Rate Your Music and tracks on Genius.
- Desktop integration with MPRIS2.
- Extract archives and import your music downloads in one click!
File type compatibility
- FLAC, APE, TTA, WV, MP3, M4A(aac, alac), OGG, OPUS
- XSPF, CUE (automatic detection)
Download and Install
For Arch Linux based distros, install is avaliable from the AUR.
For Other Linux distributions, a Flatpak package is available.
For manual and further documentation see the wiki.
Feel free to submit any issues or suggestions. I'd love to hear your feedback.