Awesome Book Authoring
Table of Contents
- Must Reads
- Book Proposals
- Royalties, Advances, and Other Money Stuff
- List of Publishers
- Self Publishing
- Writing Workflows and Tooling
- Personal Experiences, Post Mortems and Campfire Stories
- The Proposal (O'Reilly: So You Want to Write a Book?)
- Scott Meyers' Advice on Preparing a Book Proposal
- Write for Us (Pearson Education)
- Drafting a Proposal (Que Publishing)
- Anatomy of a TOC (Que Publishing)
- Proposal Guidelines (The Pragmatic Programmers)
- Book Contract: What’s Negotiable and What’s Not
- Scott Meyers' Advice on Contracts
- The Contract (O'Reilly: So You Want to Write a Book?)
- Apress Standard Contract
- No Starch Press Standard Contract
Royalties, Advances, and Other Money Stuff
- Scott Meyers on Royalties, Advances, and Other Money Stuff
- Royalties and Advances (O'Reilly: So You Want to Write a Book?)
- Writing A Technical Book: Is It Worthwhile? - The benefits for writing a technical book, and the basics of how book advances work.
- How Book Advances Work – A Simple Explanation for Writers
- Typical O'Reilly Advance Structure
- Scott Meyers on the Importance of a Good Editor
- The Editing Process and Editor Types (Que Publishing)
- Writing and Editing (O'Reilly: So You Want to Write a Book?)
List of Publishers
- The Pragmatic Programmers
- Packt Publishing
- Pearson (parent company for Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall Professional, Que, Sams, and more)
- Que Publishing
- Manning Publications
- No Starch Press
- Self vs Professional Publishing - The pros and cons of each, plus a look at many of the options available for self publishing.
Writing Workflows and Tooling
- Living the Future of Technical Writing - Scott Chacon shares his workflow and tools for writing "Pro Git" in Asciidoc.
Personal Experiences, Post Mortems and Campfire Stories
- Writing a Programming Book: FAQs after Writing Learning React Native
- Do Not Buy This Book - Jeff Atwood's warning to potential writers.
- Writing a Technical Book: Motivation, Publishing and how to stay focused without ruining your Life - Adam Tornhill shares experience gained writing his three books (two of them self published).
- Writing a Technical Book - Michael Foord shares his experience publishing with Apress.
- Tips for Writing a Programming Book