React Table v7 marks the culmination of over a years worth of work to refactor the entire library to a hooks-only UI/Style/Markup agnostic table building utility.
This latest version is a collection of React hooks and plugins (which are also hooks!) that help you flexibly compose logical features of the most complex data grids into a single API returned by the primary
useTable hook. This API is performant, extensible, and unopinionated about markup, styles or rendering.
From the new Concepts documentation page:
React Table v7 is a headless utility, which means out of the box, it doesn't render or supply any actual UI elements. You are in charge of utilizing the state and callbacks of the hooks provided by this library to render your own table markup. Read this article to understand why React Table is built this way. If you don't want to, then here's a quick rundown anyway:
- Separation of Concerns - Not that superficial kind you read about all the time. The real kind. React Table as a library honestly has no business being in charge of your UI. The look, feel, and overall experience of your table is what makes your app or product great. The less React Table gets in the way of that, the better!
- Maintenance - By removing the massive (and seemingly endless) API surface area required to support every UI use-case, React Table can remain small, easy-to-use and simple to update/maintain.
- Extensibility - UI presents countless edge cases for a library simply because it's a creative medium, and one where every developer does things differently. By not dictating UI concerns, React Table empowers the developer to design and extend the UI based on their unique use-case.
Features from the README:
- Lightweight (5kb - 14kb+ depending on features used and tree-shaking)
- Headless (100% customizable, Bring-your-own-UI)
- Auto out of the box, fully controllable API
- Sorting (Multi and Stable)
- Pivoting & Aggregation
- Row Selection
- Row Expansion
- Column Ordering
- Server-side/controlled data/state
- Extensible via hook-based plugin system
A special thanks!
Well, what are you waiting for!