Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Here is a new release of Tau Labs software and firmware. This brings a large number of improvements and additions since our last release in April. For a complete log, see the commit history. Just a few highlights are
- Team Black Sheep Gemini support. This runs a tiny little flight controller called Colibri, a derivative of Quanton, and provides an exciting ready to fly target for FPV and racing.
- Improved autotuning algorithm. Now all the parameters of your control loop, including the derivative and the cutoff for the low pass filter are optimized. Two sliders provide easy control from smooth to aggressive tuning. Also easily share your settings to the forums for others. Video
- ESC calibration wizard
- FrSky SmartPort support
- PicoC programming and debugging gadget. Easily write snippets of code that run on your flight controller (F4 targets only) and allow extending the functionality.
- Session Management - only see the UAVO objects available on your flight controller, faster telemetry reconnects
- Telemetry Manager improvements with confirmation that settings are stored and saved
- Updated Uploader which allows backing up or overwriting the partitions in your flash. Create a complete snapshot of your UAV settings and firmware.
- Updated GCS configuration screen. Get the Telemetry Scheduler and others by default.
- Large internal overhaul of the RTOS API to allow upgrading to ChiBiOS
Note that for windows there are two versions. The installer version will install to Program Files and add start menu items like most programs. The portable version will allow to extract it to any directory and simply run it. This is useful if you use multiple versions of the software.
- For Linux you will have to install .udev rules for the device. This is the likely cause if you cannot connect to it. To do this download the udev permissions file from here and then run
sudo cp taulabs.udev /etc/udev/rules.d/45-taulabs-permissions.rules && sudo udevadm control --reload-rules
- For Windows if you have any connectivity issues, please uninstall all the drivers associated with your hardware and reboot.
- RevoMini does not work with SBus. OPLink configuration page does not work.
- FlyingF3 does not have enough memory to save telemetry rate settings for all objects
- Welcome screen has blurred fonts for some people on windows