Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Tau Labs has an active irc channel, #taulabs on irc.freenode.net. Anyone is welcome to join us there at any time with questions, comments, or just to lurk and listen.
In addition, there is an invitation-only room, #taulabs-dev. This is a quieter room away from the hubbub of the main #taulabs room. Access is given based on the following rules:
Policy for admitting and revoking access to the #taulabs-dev channel
- You have been Nominated
- You can only be nominated by an OmniLoco board member.
- You are Approved
- Once nominated, your admission can only be approved by a majority vote of the OmniLoco board.
- Your continued approval can only be maintained by abiding by all aspects of this policy.
- Your approval can only be officially revoked after a 66% majority vote of the OmniLoco board. Once this occurs, you will be removed from the channel.
- You are Authenticated
- Your IRC login must be registered with NickServ.
- You are Trustworthy
- You respect the privacy of all conversations held in the -dev channel.
- You are a Good Representative
- You are polite, honest and respectful in all public and private online discussions related to Tau Labs and OmniLoco.
- This specifically includes (but is not limited to) your behaviour on RCG and/or OP forums.
- You are an Active Participant in Tau Labs Development (one or more of)
- You have committed merge-quality code to Tau Labs within the last 3 months.
- You have contributed significantly (and constructively) to technical discussions in issues, code reviews or HW design on github, forums, or irc within the last 3 months.
- You are Not an IRC Bot
- Freenode's ChanServ bot will be admitted to monitor the channel.
- The ONLY other permitted bots in the IRC channel are those that are (all of):
- Run by an OmniLoco board member.
- Approved by the OmniLoco board.
- No other bots will be tolerated.
- Members of the OmniLoco board are given unconditional and irrevocable access to the #taulabs-dev channel for as long as they are members of the board. This policy has been decided by a majority vote, and may be amended (and republished) at any time by a majority vote of the OmniLoco board.