Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to create a Mod
First Download and extract HLMWadExplorer.
Let's say you might want to replace the tiger mask with a different tiger.
- Locate the sprite you want to replace
- From the Resource menu select Extract to save the original bitmap
- Load it into an editor (e.g. Paint.net)
- Edit the PNG file in an editor (Make sure to maintain the alpha channel)
- From the Resource menu select Replace and select the edited image (Image has to be same size as the Original)
- From the File menu select Save to save your mod
- Set a useful file name and the game will use this patchwad the next time it starts.
- On Windows mods have to be placed in
- On OS X mods have to be placed in
- On Linux/SteamOS mods have to be placed in
You can also [bundle](How to bundle a Mod with a Level) .patchwads with levels.
This how your mod looks ingame: