Graticule is a geocoding API for looking up address coordinates. It supports many popular APIs, including Yahoo, Google, Geocoder.ca and Geocoder.us.
require 'rubygems' require 'graticule' geocoder = Graticule.service(:google).new "api_key" location = geocoder.locate "61 East 9th Street, Holland, MI"
Graticule includes 3 different distance formulas, Spherical (simplest but least accurate), Vincenty (most accurate and most complicated), and Haversine (somewhere inbetween).
geocoder.locate("Holland, MI").distance_to(geocoder.locate("Chicago, IL")) #=> 101.997458788177
Graticule includes a command line interface (CLI).
$ geocode -s yahoo -a yahookey Washington, DC Washington, DC US latitude: 38.895222, longitude: -77.036758
Join us on the mailing list.
How to contribute
If you find what you might think is a bug:
- Check the GitHub issue tracker to see if anyone else has had the same issue.
- If you don’t see anything, create an issue with information on how to reproduce it.
If you want to contribute an enhancement or a fix:
- Fork the project on GitHub.
- Make your changes with tests.
- Commit the changes without making changes to the Rakefile, VERSION, or any other files that aren’t related to your enhancement or fix
- Send a pull request.