Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Slash commands act as shortcuts for specific actions in CodeStream. Type a forward slash, with nothing else in the chat box, and a popup list will display options applicable to the stream you’re in. Use either Enter or Tab to select from the list.
- /help - Access CodeStream’s online help guide.
- /add @user - Add a teammate to a channel.
- /archive - Archive a channel. Note that only the creator of a channel may archive it.
- /invite email - Add someone to your team.
- /leave - Remove yourself from a channel.
- /me text - Display a special type of post with the text displayed to the right of your username. For example “/me is testing in the big lab” would display as “Dave is testing in the big lab”.
- /msg @user text - Send a direct message to a teammate.
- /mute - Mute the current channel. Not available in DMs.
- /purpose text - Set a purpose for the current channel.
- /rename newname - Rename the current channel.
- /remove @user - Remove someone from the current channel. Not available in DMs.
- /slack - Set up CodeStream's Slack integration.
- /version - Check the version of the CodeStream plugin you’re running.
- /who - See the list of people in the current channel or DM.
Note that add, message, mute, remove, rename and purpose aren't currently available for Slack channels.