Nathas, your Slack DJ
What does it do?
- Nathas provides a Slack bot to sit on your slack channel and listen to your teams music request. Nathas queue up your requests and stream them for your team all day long.
- Nathas Frontend provide a web application for your to enjoy the music chosen by your team.
- When you run out of songs, Nathas will come to resue with music suggestion based on your team's music taste.
1. Creating 3rd party accounts
- Create a Slack Bot for your team.
- Create a project on Google Developer console to access YouTube.
2. Download the code
Clone or fork this repo to your machine and install the dependencies.
pip install -r requirements.txt
3. Environmental Variables
SLACK_BOT_TOKEN: This is the HTTP API Token you obtained when creating the bot.
BOT_ID: Once you have created a Slack Bot, run get_bot_id.py.
YT_DEVELOPER_KEY: Youtube developer key to access Data API.
NATHAS_UI_ENDPOINT: IP address and port number of the UI application.
4. Commands available
$ @nathas command [options] list list the songs in the queue play _[song]_ to add a song to queue clear all to clear the queue next to play the next song pause to pause the current song resume to resume the paused song suggest to get song suggestion shuffle to shuffle your song queue volumeup to increase the volume of the player volumedown to decrease the volume of the player