|1:30pm - 2:30pm||Part 1 - Lessons 1 - 3|
|2:30pm - 3:00pm||Break + Snacks|
|3:00pm - 4:00pm||Part 1 - Lesson 4 & 5|
|4:00pm - 4:30pm||Part 2 - Lesson 1 - 3|
|4:30pm - 4:45pm||Break|
|4:45pm - 6:00pm||Part 2 - Lesson 4 & 5|
🎥 Slides & Video
- (Or the shortened link: http://bit.ly/tl-ws2-2019)
- Video of the workshop: https://engineers.sg/v/3644
- Part 1 - Using JS in the browser
- How to print things on screen
- Data types in JS
- How do you pass data around? (variables)
- Adding Artificial Intelligence (control structure, flow controls, if... else, switch)
- How to not repeat yourself (functions, linking JS files)
- Part 2 - Using JS in the Command Line
- Node prompt
- Running a JS script in the command line
- Intro to NPM
- Intro to Express JS
- Build a simple web app
💾 Pre-Requisite Software
Here is a list of sofware that you will need to install to participate in the Pre-Bootcamp workshops.
Visual Studio Code - Text Editor
- Download and install from the VSCode website: https://code.visualstudio.com/Download
- Download the latest version from the Chrome website: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- This is for helping you when testing API services.
- This can use this software to maintain different versions of your source code.
- You can download Git from their website: https://git-scm.com/
- If you are using MacOS, you should already have this installed.