Unsolved problems get solved, in style!
Table of Contents:
Note: Development currently limited to those who have access to our Heroku account.
Setting up your virtual environment:
- Install the virtualenv package by running
pip install virtualenv.
- Create a folder called
virtualenvat the same level as the root folder of the cloned Problematica repo.
- cd into the new folder and create a virtualenv called problematica by running the command:
- Go back into the root of our repo and run the script that I wrote for enabling the virtualenv by running the following command:
- Verify that you are in the correct venv by running:
pip -V. It should show the project folder, not a global disk folder.
- Make sure your new virtualenv has the packages listed in requirements.txt by running
pip install -r requirements.txt
- You should be all set to run the project locally!
Set up environment variables:
- Create a new file named
.envcontaining all the sensitive data that will be needed, in the following format:
ROOT_URL='https://problematica.herokuapp.com/' DATABASE_URL='value' ADMIN_PW=value STRIPE_API_KEY=value STRIPE_CHECKOUT_KEY=value
replacing the value text by the actual keys and passwords that are being used.
Running the app:
For current developers with access to Heroku, run the command
heroku local web
The app should now be running on http://localhost:5000/