Users can add cubes in a 3D grid to build fun objects.
Based on this Three.js example.
Built to be used in ABC3D 3D printing workshops in libraries. Uses Three.js build 81, OrbitControls.js, Detector.js and STLExporter.js.
When downloaded, cubes have a base size of 10mm.
Tested on Chrome v54.
Bugs to fix etc.
- block infinite zoom
- ghost cube only changes color once moved
- won't download on Safari (opens in new window)
Any contributions welcome
- better color management
- add hash encoding like on this one
- mobile controls
- continuous cube painting (when Alt maintained)
- add color encoding in STL
- add STL smoothing option like here
- test Minecraft-like controls (first-person)
- test Cardboard VR controls