This is a little project to build a web 1.5 posting board. The community is currently using an ancient bulletin-board system, several members have been extolling the virtues of a PHPbb setup with subforums and whatnot, and I opened my big fat mouth and said "Hey! This looks like a perfect use for the Model-View-Controller design pattern!"
I may come to regret this.
Design documents should all be OS-agnostic, in the doc/ directory.
What to expect:
- Ruby on Rails
- One set of posts, many ways to look at it
- Optional authentication, with options
What not to expect:
- Fast development
- Incredibly mind-blowing code
- Tomash ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Techno-Dann (AKA Captain Vim, Techno.Dann@gmail.com) Development setup ----------------- In addition to the gems listed in the Gemfile, the Sphinx daemon is required to enable full-text search.
customize it to fit your local database setup. Please do the same for
Copyright (C) 2012 PPC Posting Board 2.0 Team
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.