A representation of a Tak board in 2D.
The ability to represent Tak board states in two dimensions for use in implementing online games.
Board states are generated by tak-game.
- the board state should be obvious without having to click or hover. You should be able to print it out and put it in a newspaper as a puzzle.
- an abstract board sticking faithfully to two dimensions, no faking 3D with shadows or angles
- at a very quick glance, you should be able to see which squares are owned by which player
- at a slightly longer glance you should notice where standing stones and capstones are
- should look good
I need help!
I'll try to make something reasonable, but I would love help from the Tak community.
Open Github issues or ping me on Twitter if you have any questions or ideas.
If you come up with a design that you think looks reasonable, open a pull request, I want to see it!
To implement your own designs
You'll need node.js installed.
git clone https://github.com/TehShrike/tak-board.git npm install npm run watchjs npm run watchcss # in another tab
Open up index.html in your browser to see how it looks.
If you want to try a different board, edit the board state at the top of index.js.
- plop in more than one view of the same board state, with different template/css files for each
- to try: left half stack, right half top-piece
- to try: stack, with top piece in the center
- to try: stack, with top piece in border and standing stone/capstone in center