Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Thank you for participating in the Tell-OP beta testing program!
To install the open beta version of the app, follow this link:
- Android: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/es.um.tellop
- iOS: Available only as Closed Beta (Apply)
- Universal Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/tellop-beta/9nblggh4413j
The iOS version is still in the Closed Beta phase, you can apply by following the instruction at: https://github.com/TellOP/APP/wiki/Beta-testing#ios-beta-testing
There are a few considerations you must take into account.
- As the name says, the app is in the beta phase, which means it is not fully finished.
- Make sure to back up the data on your phone regularly while testing.
- The app will automatically send usage data and any error reports to us to help us understand how the program is used and to help us fix any errors.
- We might add new functions or change/remove existing ones at any time, without prior notice.
- The app is being translated into several languages (at the time of writing, they are: Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Portuguese, French, German). Some translations might be incomplete: in that case, some text in the application will be displayed in English. That is normal: we will make sure all translations are complete before releasing the final version.
- Although we perform preliminary testing while developing the app, there might still be some problems, such as crashes, unexpected errors, elements that are not rendered correctly on the phone screen, etc. Please report them according to the instructions below.
- We plan to release new versions frequently to iron out those problems as they are discovered, so make sure you always update the app to the latest version.
Please report all errors you find by following these instructions.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the app by opening the Play Store/App Store/Microsoft Store apps on your phone. If they notify you that an update for the Tell-OP app is available, perform it and check if the error occurs again.
- Go to the project issue tracker.
- Check the list of open issues to see if somebody has already reported the error you are seeing. If the error you are seeing is already listed, you won't need to do anything else.
- If, on the contrary, the error you are seeing is not listed, click on
New issue. You will be asked to sign in to GitHub (register a free account
if needed), then you will be shown a report form. Please fill it in
following the provided template. We will ask for:
- the app version (you can find it by tapping on About in the initial screen);
- a description of the problem you encountered;
- detailed, step-by-step instructions of the actions you performed that led to the error (this is extremely important, as it will enable us to investigate the underlying cause);
- the exact text of any error messages that appear;
- whether this error always occurs or not.
iOS Beta Testing
- Retrieve the UDID of your device (How to retrieve the UDID, Another how-to guide (include Windows))
- Send your UDID to firstname.lastname@example.org or to your team coordinator.
- Apply for the beta test: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/recruit/58fce60ff4024d94ac4ca27e67d4f420
- Download the app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/cbcccbfe5e014a73ba42edac352905eb
- Complete the survey: English, German, Spanish, French
Scheduled updates (including new beta testers):
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:00 CEST
- Web, 22 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST
- Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST
- Fri, 24 Mar 2017 18:00 CEST