What is Toppa Drill?!
Toppa Drill is a space mining simulation developed in Amethyst, a game engine written in Rust.
Currently not playable, since it's under heavy development.
Some progress has been made:
- Hotloadable chunks of tiles, allowing for basically endless worlds
- Saving and loading maps
- Force-based player movement (as long as he has fuel)
Next on the list:
- Collision (gravity will be re-enabled after this is done)
- Drilling-mechanism (requires collision)
Other features left for pre-release:
- Selling ores
- Buying items
- Upgrading the ship
- A 2D lighting system
- Fog of war (player sees only what is close to him, and only the top-most layer of ores. Can be extended by buying a "scanner-module")
- Damage-system (in case the player drills into a lava- or gas-pocket, or hits the walls too hard)
- World-setup in NewGame-Menu (setting the planet and chunk sizes, name of the game, etc)
- Render-setup in Options-Menu (different resolutions, render distances for different PC tiers)
Toppa Drill is a free and open source game distributed under the terms of a no-selling-permit version of the MIT License.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, is licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.