I will keep this version online here, for people who may prefer my simpler approach than what the plugin has evolved into, but no further developpment will be made by me.
This is a plugin for Zenphoto which generates a sitemaps.org
compatible sitemap for the gallery, when the gallery is accessed with
in the URL. The sitemap contains links to all public and non-password protected
albums and images within Zenphoto.
The sitemap creates URLs depending on whether
mod_rewrite is enabled or
not, so you still will get those nice clean links from the search engines that
we all like, even if this plugin is enabled.
The installation procedure for this plugin is really simple:
plugins/folder of your Zenphoto installation.
- Activate the plugin from the Zenphoto administration panel, under the Plugins tab.
- Verify that you are shown an XML file when browsing
[your gallery URL]/?sitemap.
Consider adding a reference to the sitemap to the galleries
located in the root of your Zenphoto installation. That will make search engines
able to find the sitemap on their own, if they are able to follow such
Simply add the line
Sitemap: [your gallery link]/?sitemap to the beginning of
robots.txt, and you are done.
Bug reports and feature requests
Malte Müller (acrylian)
1.0.0 - 2008-11-26
- Initial version
1.0.1 - 2009-01-24
- Removed the
<priority>tag from the root page, since it didn't do any good and generated an error message from Google.
- Added header information to be sent out with the sitemap. (Thank you Adrien Gibrat)
1.0.2 - 2009-02-26
- Made handling of non-alphanumeric characters correct, so they will be URL encoded. (Thank you 'suxab' for reporting this)
2.0.0 - 2010-02-19
- Revamp of the entire code - Now one big sitemap is generated instead of one index which then points to a sitemap for each gallery. This will decrease the amount of SQL queries and HTTP requests needed, all in all making the plugin more eco friendly ;)
2.1.0 - 2010-03-18
- Added Zenpage support thanks to contribution from Malte Müller (acrylian)