Welcome to Chariteer!
This is the API version of the client side of Chariteer.
A group of (four) passionate students at Dev Bootcamp created Chariteer for volunteers and charity organizations to connect to build a better community.
User Stories for Charity Organization
- As a user, I want to be able to create a profile for my organization.
- As a user, I want to login and create an event to connect with volunteers.
- As a user, I want to view all the events of my organization.
- As a user, I want to see how many volunteers have registered to volunteer at my event.
User Stories for Volunteers
- As a user, I want to search for an event by category or event name.
- As a user, I want to create an account to store my information and events I have registered for.
- As a user, I want to view my profile page so that I can see my upcoming events and past events.
We started off this project with the following norms and agreements.
- Check-in three times a day -- 9AM before coding, 12PM mid-day check-in, and 6PM final check-in to review and plan for the next day.
- Be fully present whenever we are together.
- Open and honest communication.
- Assume the best.
- Respect time.
- Review and set daily goals.
- Use trello board for project organization and slack for group communication.
- Throw confetti -- success!!
If you like this project and would like to contribute, please feel free to clone this repository. Please note that our client-side repository is located at Chariteer-Client-Side.
Please follow these steps to get started.
git clone https://github.com/TeresaNesteby/chariteer-api.git
bundle exec rake db:create db:migrate db:seedNote that the seed is optional but this was the data that we started off with for development.
Follow the steps in the client side. You will need both server to run Chariteer.