Clone this wiki locally
If you're looking for something to do, may we recommend...
- Easy tasks are easy.
- Gardening tasks are refactorings and other cleanups.
- Docs tasks are for documentation.
2. Comment in the issue that you're working on it.
This is especially important if it's a refactoring that's going to touch a lot of files.
3. Do the work.
Note that documentation can have a much simpler workflow, it's fine to edit stuff directly on Github and submit like that. Just try to reference the issue number in the commit message, like "this is for #123".
It's ok to do just part of the work. For example, if the issue is to "document and test" then you can just document it.
Or email the patch to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Discuss any issues found with the patch.
6. A collaborator will merge the patch and close the issue.
If you feel things have stalled, feel free to say "ping" in a comment on the issue to wake us up.