Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
If you're looking for something to do, may we recommend...
- Easy tasks are easy.
- Gardening tasks are refactorings and other cleanups.
- Docs tasks are for documentation.
2. Comment in the issue that you're working on it.
This is especially important if it's a refactoring that's going to touch a lot of files.
3. Do the work.
Note that documentation can have a much simpler workflow, it's fine to edit stuff directly on Github and submit like that. Just try to reference the issue number in the commit message, like "this is for #123".
It's ok to do just part of the work. For example, if the issue is to "document and test" then you can just document it.
Or email the patch to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Discuss any issues found with the patch.
6. A collaborator will merge the patch and close the issue.
If you feel things have stalled, feel free to say "ping" in a comment on the issue to wake us up.