Vireo Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Management System
Vireo is a turnkey Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Management System addressing all steps of the ETD process, from submission to publication to preservation. Vireo provides students the ability to submit their digital theses and dissertations via a simple online interface. Graduate offices can use Vireo to manage the ETD submission and approval process.
Vireo 3.0 - What's New
Vireo 3.0 is major feature upgrade to Vireo. It builds upon the past success of 2.0 and the Java Play Framework to enable new features. Here are some highlights
- ProQuest Embargoes
- Revised Needs Corrections workflow: Vireo 3 includes a more intuitive student workflow for submitting corrected manuscripts, including better validations to minimize student errors.
- Email: Vireo 3 adds the ability to set up rules for sending automated emails to configurable groups of stakeholders.
- Reporting and Exports: Vireo 3 allows administrative users to create custom, exportable Excel reports by using saved filters and columns. It also includes the addition of the Action Log to a file export package.
- Multiple submissions: Vireo 3 overhauls the functionality for allowing multiple submissions by a single student. Specifically, it adds more sophisticated validations to prevent students from creating a new submission for the same degree, while allowing legitimate multiple submissions (for different degrees) by the same student.
- Embargoes: Vireo 3 adds a separate, optional embargo period for submissions going to ProQuest.
- Custom Action Checklist: In Vireo 3, administrative users have the ability to filter an ETD list by individual Custom Actions. Additionally, Vireo 3 can be configured to display certain Checklist items in the student view.
- Email "From" and "ReplyTo" are now in administrative settings instead of application.conf
- Deposit locations can now be configured to have a timeout (defaulted to 60 seconds, used to be 10 seconds) for the SWORD client when depositing large items into DSpace
- Email Workflow Rules
- Administrative Groups
- Separate "Default" and "ProQuest" embargoes
Other New Features:
- An ADA-compliant student submission interface
- Several bug fixes
Building and Deploying Vireo
Refer to the wiki pages for instructions on deploying Vireo from scratch or updating a previous release.
License and Copyright
Copyright (c) 2015, Texas Digital Library All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of the Texas Digital Library nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS AS IS AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.