Please note that even though this project is actively maintained, the readme here is outdated. If you want to contribute to its updating, it would make me extremely happy.
The aim of these scripts is to help the windows user automate Duplicacy usage as much as possible.
The principle i followed with these is set it and forget it.
Currently there are 2 main scripts:
create scheduled task.ps1, and a generic
file for Windows and MacOS.
The purpose of this script is to run a duplicacy backup, or any other command by just
calling the script and passing a simple argument:
It uses the configuration file
backup config.ps1 in which the user sets only once various info such as
- the number of threads for backup
- if the
-vssflag should be used
- the path to
- the repository folder
The script also creates each day a new log file in a folder inside
with all the details of any backup run or other command, just as if they were run from the console.
create scheduled task.ps1
The purpose of this script is to create one or multiple Windows
Scheduled Tasks which will run
with the options the user set.
It asks the user for credentials for adding the scheduled task .
This is a duplicacy ignore file which stores some exclude patters for Windows and MacOS.
It should be edited as needed, either by commenting lines (put
# at the beginning) or uncommenting them (remove
# at the beginning).
The way the file is created, there should be no need to edit it currently, as it should remove no user data.
TODO (HELP NEEDED)
- improve the exclude rules for MacOS
- name/organize the scripts better
- explanation of how to run the scripts, and that they need to be in the same folder
- send mail/notification with the statistics of the run (and other info)
- save mail/notification password/token to windows credentials manager, not in plaintext or some temp file which is just dumb
❗BREAKING CHANGE Update telegram notification code to send content-type json, to be in sync with the latest backend. Please update, otherwise you will no longer receive notifications to telegram.
- Improved the filters file with more (better?) regex from NiJoao.
- There is no need to do anything to powershell. Just running the .bat file to create the Scheduled Task is enough.