How can I contribute to this project?
- Pull requests are always welcome
- Address issues wherever possible
- Prefix commit messages with [#XX] if addressing an existing issue number
- Use the present tense in commit messages
- Shorten commit messages to 50 characters with bulleted details
In which format should my contributions be submitted?
- Pull requests should be in JSON format
- PRs should be validated before submission using jsonlint.
- Considering using this regex for converting Markdown to JSON
Merging Pull Requests (for admins)
git remote add username git://github.com/username/trail-map.git git fetch username git cherry-pick aabbcceeddffgg...(this is the SHA)
Then, edit the commit as necessary and then edit the commit message:
git add -A git commit --amend -v
Reasoning detailed by Linus.