The main goal of ‘Riex’ is to efficiently retrieve financial and market data using ‘IEX Cloud API’. In addition, provide robust tool to:
- Enable data analysis and visualization
- Monitor Account usage and alerts
Effective June 1st, 2019, Subscription will be required to access third party data.
For Subscriptions details, visit IEX - Flexible, scalable pricing.
- Multiple tiers are available to users depending on their requirements with capability to upgrade
- Usage is measured based on message counts which depends on API Call and associated weight
- Example Company - API Call has a weight of 1 for each Symbol
You can install the released version of Riex from CRAN with:
This is a basic example which shows you how to retrieve Company info via ‘IEX Cloud API’:
iex.company(x, iex_sk) requires 2 values:
- x : A valid IEX Stock Symbol
- iex_sk : ‘IEX Cloud API’ Secret Key. It is available to use via Account Console.
Keep your secret token safe. Your secret token can make any API call on behalf of your account, including changes that may impact billing such as enabling pay-as-you-go charges
#Load Riex Package library(Riex) sk <- "[SECRET TOKEN]" x <- "TSLA" TSLA_Co <- iex.company(x, sk) TSLA_Co
For more details and additional examples, please review