This hack contains many new features and improvements that set it apart not only from original Red, but many other GBC hacks as well. This list is not necessarily complete, but it gives a good list and will be updated semi-regularly.
- ALL BUGS FROM ORIGINAL RED ARE NO LONGER PRESENT.
While the main Pokémon Red/Blue story is fully intact, there is newly added content as well.
- Red or Leaf as the player character.
- Day and Night.
- Greatly improved graphics.
- A few event-only locations from the Gen 3 games were added.
- Some events and trainers from Yellow version were included as well.
- A brand new post-game, featuring a new story in Pre-GSC Johto, and part of the Orange Islands.
- New areas added to Kanto and Johto to explore.
- New songs added to give the new areas the proper feel.
- 253 Pokémon to catch.
- New trainer classes to battle.
- New facilities to take on, such as the Trick House and the Battle Tower.
- Try out Johto's Bug Catching Contest in addition to Kanto's Safari Zone.
- Offline Wonder Trade clone in all Pokémon Centers.
- Rematches with various trainers.
- Berry Trees that regrow daily, with a variable berry yield.
- Breeding at the Kanto Day Care, no need to wait until Post Game.
- Proper capitalization, no ALL CAPS names shouting at you.
In addition to new content, there are a lot of engine changes and improvements as well.
- It now uses a heavily modified version of Pokémon Crystal's engine, and all the improvements that come with it.
- Bugs from Crystal's engine have been fixed, as well as the improvements from Polished Crystal.
- Notably missing things from Crystal's engine have been restored, such as Safari Zone battles and Silph Scope Ghost battles.
- The old system of DVs and Stat EXP has been replaced with IVs and EVs.
- Pokémon now have a Personality ID, so gender, shininess, and the like are not tied to stats.
- Some Pokémon have multiple formes.
- New held items to make battles more interesting.
- Gain EXP on capturing a Pokémon.
- New evolution methods added for the new Pokémon.
- Updated move sets for all Pokémon, based on modern games when possible.
- Modern type strength/weakness table.
- Modern move effects.
- Physical/Special/Status split.
- Gen 5 formula for money loss.
- BW2 Repel System.
- Eggs hatch at Lv 1, not Lv 5.
- Pokémon do not faint from Poison outside of battle.
- Bills calls to switch boxes if you fill your current one.
- Unlimited use TMs.
- Faster surfing speed.
- Running shoes.
- Move Tutors.
- Move Deleter.
- Move Reminder.
- Increased maximum money.
- Increased maximum coins.
- (Optional) Abilities and Natures.
- (Optional) Color variation in addition to Shininess.
- (Optional) Nuzlocke mode.
- (Optional) Hard Mode.